Thread: Words on Arches

1. Default Words on Arches

All,
    I am working with the attached MPC. I would like to know how to make the words on the arches to be the exact radius and perfectly centered between the star and the helmet. Besides trial and error. Also, how to add a rout to the outer circle? every time I do edge route, it actually puts the route on the overall board and not the area I want. Never Forget Circle Plaque.mpcI am running the basic version of the software. Thank you.

With just basic, For the text you can copy your circle and size/place it for an alignment tool for the text arc. The Pro version does have the decorate with text tool for doing text on a vector line.

Yes the "route" tool if for your design board edge route. If you have the drawing tools you can use the "sweep" tool to draw a profile edge or find a round pattern with a profile edge.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

You can assign a bit to the outside circle even though it is also a cutout. In the example I used a 1/8" Roman Ogee. Of course you will have to make some adjustments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Never Forget2.png  
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 02-08-2018 at 07:58 AM.
    Steve

Just as a suggestion, I made a few adjustments mostly using the "Revolve" tool. I don't know how it will carve so, if you use it, test it first.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Never Forget-Enhanced.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 02-08-2018 at 09:09 AM.
    Steve

5. Default

Dang, I need the Pro version of the software I guess to run that MPC. I'm running basic right now.