Thread: Frustrated Y axis stalls

Default Frustrated Y axis stalls

Two B machines and one C machine currently having issues. Running Project Designer 3.103, Tried different projects (.75" thickness). The Z and X axis both seem to be sticking when moved by hand (power off), although I can get them to loosen up after repeated movement and way too much lubricant. With power on, the machine measures the board and asks for bit. After bit is inserted the machine moves to control panel side and the z truck moves up and down slightly and then stops giving me a Y axis stall (that makes absolutely no sense to me since it is the Z axis that is moving). Other times it will go over to the bit plate but not travel vertically down and touch the bit plate, come back across and gives me a Y axis stall (again not sure why it is a y axis stall). The y and Z belts are tight and intact and no missing teeth on the pulleys. It does appear that a couple roller bearings are not turning completely free and don't always freely roll when moving the z truck up and down. This is the same fault on three separate machines and I have attempted different projects on all three that have carved well in the past. I just recently got these machines back from carvewright for service and repairs. each has less than 10 hours since I got them back from service. Please advise.

Caveat: I am computer and electronic stupid so keep that in mind.

I would reformat the card and reflash the firmware.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I'll give that a try