Thread: Free STL downloads

Default Free STL downloads

I found this page the other day that has a lot of free .STL files you can download. I do not have the .STL importer yet but getting some for the future.

Far anyone wanting to check them out, here is the link:

https://www.7handcraft.com/download-free-stl-file/

Have a Great Day

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cjones View Post
    I found this page the other day that has a lot of free .STL files you can download. I do not have the .STL importer yet but getting some for the future.

Far anyone wanting to check them out, here is the link:

https://www.7handcraft.com/download-free-stl-file/

Have a Great Day

Chris
    Be careful with sites like this. Malwarebytes on my computer blocked any downloads and flagged it as a malicious site. It may not be a bad site but I trust the systems I have installed on my computer and I'd rather be safe than sorry. NOTHING IS FREE!!!
    Steve

There are literally hundreds of websites that have stl patterns available. The issue is quality. A good stl pattern takes a lot of time and talent to create. Most of those are for sale. Many of the free sites have slightly less than perfect stl models.

Many free sites usually have searched what is available of the internet (whether legal or not) and created their own repository. Just have to be careful on which sites you go to. As Steve mentioned there are a lot of malicious sites. There are also a lot of good legitimate sites as well though.

Alternatively, with a little bit of time and dedication anyone can make stl patterns for the CW. If you go that route the stl importer is a must have. Most 3d modeling software have some sort of model repository.

The most common 3d model file format is .obj but its really easy to convert to stl format. It then takes some time to tweak to port into designer unless you are lucky and the model has the right dimensions for 2.5d projection.

Good luck with your machine and if you get the stl importer you will really enjoy it.

- O