Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Machine Down

Default Machine Down

I was almost finshed with a carve when my machine went dead. Thought it have have been a power issue but I have it connected to a UPS to protect against power outages and surges. It was on the second pass of cutting the project out when it died. I tried a few other outlet and still not getting any power.

Is there anything I can check to see if it can be reset? I have only had the machine since July and it has less than 80 hours on it. If there is no reset that will help, I guess I will be taking a drive to LHR on Monday. I hope this is covered by warranty.
    Thanks in advance for any assistance

Chris

You should still be under warranty with those hours. I would check the wiring connections from the power switch on through to the power supply and controller.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Nice you live that close... Let us know what it was....
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I am pretty sure it is burned up because I smelled that smell of electronic burning. I work IT every day and have had plenty of experience with knowing what it smells like. I have had more than a few power supplies go up in flames on me.

I will see if I can open it up tomorrow to verify what it may actually be though.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cjones View Post
    I am pretty sure it is burned up because I smelled that smell of electronic burning. I work IT every day and have had plenty of experience with knowing what it smells like. I have had more than a few power supplies go up in flames on me.

I will see if I can open it up tomorrow to verify what it may actually be though.

Chris
    If you got that smell then that is your first clue.
    I
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Ya, we get this at work now and then. When working with some of the components on the machines we build, someone goes and lets the smoke out of one of the components and we get the smell. Once the smoke has all leaked out the component fails to work again. You would think they would find a better way to keep the smoke intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugsowner View Post
    Ya, we get this at work now and then. When working with some of the components on the machines we build, someone goes and lets the smoke out of one of the components and we get the smell. Once the smoke has all leaked out the component fails to work again. You would think they would find a better way to keep the smoke intact.
    I was thinking the same thing.... Someone let the smoke out.... LOL.... It would be great to see pictures of the failure so the guys with the newer machines know what to expect. Like the L2 problem in the power supply in the early years, once we knew what to look for it was a easy fix.

My money is on the new power supply has a weakness.... Power Supply repair was my specialty when at the Picture tube plant at Sony as they used hundreds to age the picture tube.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Quick question,

Since I am able to drive to LHR. Should I put the unit in the box to take it or can I just load it securely in my car and take it to the?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cjones View Post
    Quick question,

Since I am able to drive to LHR. Should I put the unit in the box to take it or can I just load it securely in my car and take it to the?

Chris
    I would take the box as they may keep it and ship it back to you... Just be very careful as the flex going into the motor can tweak and CRACK the Cut Motor... And jack the head all the way down.

Thank Al, Have it all boxed up and ready to load in the morning. Before I boxed it up though, I took it apart to see if I could verify the problem. When I took the control panel side off, it slipped before I could remove the LCD cable and it ripped so I am going to have to but one of those. I was going to see if my old A model had the same power supply and found it does not. Did not try the cable.

I guess I will just give them a call in the morning before I head down there just to make sure they have time to work on it. We have a show this weekend and I was hoping to get some more items ready before had but I guess we will see.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast