Thread: Truck does not raise

Default Truck does not raise

I am having a problem with one of my B machines and I don't know what to do to fix it.
    During a carve it works fine, but if I push the STOP button or raise the clear cover the truck stops but the bit stays down in the carving area and does not raise above the level of the project. I have been physically raising the truck before I continue with the carve so that I don't break the bit. The same thing happened when the project finished carving and the machine shut off.
    The machine has been upgraded with the Carvetite and rubber belts.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas on how to fix the problem.
    Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

I would think that it is a firmware issue. Program control. Have you tried to reflash the firmware on the card?

Could be a bad FFC Cable too.

Is the flex catching on the under side of the cover slot?
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks Dan, I flashed the firmware on the card I was using at the time and should be able to try it tomorrow and will see how it works then.

Thanks for your thoughts on this also Al. Everything seems to be clear in that area. It is one of those things that everything was working fine on the prior project and then this happened on my last project.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

The reason I mention the FFC Cable is that it could have a intermittent break in the wire supplying the servo power. And when the head is going toward the home in Y, the wire might separate for a moment causing this problem. A test... Move the head to the top pin. Then select Z Data. Now move the head up and down and left and right a dozen times. Return to the top pin and the reading should be 0000 the starting position since the encoder is just a counter and is 0000 at selecting z data. It also checks the encoder and the disk solid to the shaft.

Interesting to hear the result... This is unusual... And like suggested.... This could be a software problem...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Dan, I flashed the card with the latest firmware and so far the machine is working fine. Thanks for your suggestion.

Al, if I have the same problem again, I will for sure try your suggestion.

Thanks,
    Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemi View Post
    Dan, I flashed the card with the latest firmware and so far the machine is working fine. Thanks for your suggestion.

Al, if I have the same problem again, I will for sure try your suggestion.

Thanks,
    Mike
    So it likely was Software.... Great you got it fixed.