Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Board Sensor!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shortyscwater17 View Post
    I was able to remove the backing and cleaned the window. Guess now I need to make that metal piece like you have there and see if I can get my machine back up. I might have some thin aluminum laying around somewhere around my home.
    See my first 2 pictures on the other post. The Board Sensor just sits in a slot then held by 2 screws. For your sensor, I would just hold it in place from the back with a piece of DUCT TAPE... until you need a new sensor.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks Al! Your explanations help a lot.

Lightbulb PINCHED wire - how to fix???

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    I pulled the cable for the board sensor down trying to get a better angle to plug it in... I pulled the wire down along the track and it PINCHED the wires as seen in the last picture. When the wires got pinched, they shorted... I got a Open cover all the time and no board sensor or rubber rollers as in my case I took out the 5 volts.

I think I did this exact same thing.

What did you do to fix this??

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    I think I did this exact same thing.

What did you do to fix this??
    I took the Y Truck off... Even snapped a screw as seen in the pictures.... But I wondered if I could do then butt Floss Trick... un hook the board sensor. Un hook the top plug. TUG the wire UP to dislodge the pinch. Then pull down and up, seeing if you feel it free.... Worth a try....

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08506_WEB.jpg   DSC08528.JPG   DSC08507_WEB.jpg   DSC08492_WEB.jpg  

DSC08500_WEB.jpg   DSC08502_WEB.jpg   DSC08503_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Air shipment of parts should be here this week. Hopefully, customs won't hold them up.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

6. Default

That would be nice. Customs did hold onto my sons shoes for about 3-4 days though.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Air shipment of parts should be here this week. Hopefully, customs won't hold them up.

7. Default

Just as I took apart the old sensor and cleaned it and glued it back together, I got an email from Carvewright saying my order has shipped. Haha, go figure. i'm just going to wait the week till the part comes in to get back to carving.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12