Thread: Melted Plastic.... Pulls bit out

Default Melted Plastic.... Pulls bit out

So even I have a bad day in the shop sometimes.... I have a order for 4 Slotted Accountability Boards. Three for a Oil Refinery in Louisiana and a Fire Dept in North Dakota. I have not used my machine in months as I have a big supply of tags pre cut but I needed to cut slots on the custom boards after printing. Plus I have not cut this file since 2015.... Finding the sleds needed and the tips... I forgot a few things... Cut the first one off center so that is scrap, a setup error on my part... The second one I am cutting and the machine makes a different noise.... I place the board in a sled with sides. I prop up the board to level with the top of the rails with some corrugated plastic sign material in strips... Well, the plastic sign material started to melt then cooled on the end of the 1/8 inch bit on the down stroke, I cut through my good board. On the UP stroke it pulled the bit down a little in the ROCK Chuck as I did not have it tight enough... Then cut into the board on the way to the other side... scratch #2... Then I cut #3 PERFECT.... #4 still waiting on a Customer logo....

So I call my Customer and let her know it will be next week before she gets them.... Even I have a bad day in the shop....

Business is picking up, set up this home office and have been doing tag artwork at night so my shop time is more productive. I have a bunch of tags to print next week...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC07013.JPG  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

That happens to the best of us Al, you just sometimes forget or as they say "S#it" happens. At least you figured out your problems and got the ball rolling.
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Hi Al,

Sorry to hear about your bad day! Thank you for sharing the details. It helps remind all of us that we are not perfect and mistakes can happen.

As usual, I look up to you for your valuable insight and knowledge. Even your bad day story will help save a few butts, I'll bet!

Your countless photos and intimate knowledge of the machine that you freely share with us, is priceless!

Thank you!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

As Michael said.
    Rick H

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hi Al,

Sorry to hear about your bad day! Thank you for sharing the details. It helps remind all of us that we are not perfect and mistakes can happen.

As usual, I look up to you for your valuable insight and knowledge. Even your bad day story will help save a few butts, I'll bet!

Your countless photos and intimate knowledge of the machine that you freely share with us, is priceless!

Thank you!