Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Won't find bit

It looks and sounds like you might of been one of the Beta testers since your join date is 2006.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by otherguy View Post
    Anyone have 1.182? not sure that is even old enough, the last one I show on my Flash Manager is 1.180
    Try this link: http://www.carvewright.com/assets/do...gner_1_182.exe

You can change the version number to get older or newer versions. I am not sure how far back you can go.

(I have versions back to 1.126.)
    Last edited by bergerud; 01-20-2018 at 09:13 PM.

Almost looks like a flat spot that the bit could touch... Another picture with the head about 2 inches away of the bit plate area would be good. IF the machine worked in the past, my first thought is that the Cover Wires back by the cut motor might be out of position preventing the head from getting to the plate. The THREE times tells me it is missing the plate.

What is the prefix on your serial number?

Never saw a BETA Machine.... I agree, 2006 likely a BETA.... I ordered the first Sears Machine in 2007 ten minutes after seeing the TV Ad.

The Z Homing Sensor is still in place but it does look damaged. It is not used anymore.

Another picture with the head slightly away from the right would be nice.

What is your Location? Someone might be near you.

When you are moving the Z Around and up, beware you can pinch your finger on the Z Flag, a FIN near the top of the Z. We removed them after the software stopped using it and just bumps into the top pin. You Truck looks different too, below the lower belt pulley.

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 01-20-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Try this link: http://www.carvewright.com/assets/do...gner_1_182.exe

You can change the version number to get older or newer versions. I am not sure how far back you can go.

(I have versions back to 1.126.)
    I was able to install older versions doing what you suggested, I went back to 1.179 which was a project I had on my flash drive that I know worked.
    But after redoing the project in 1.179 and uploading to the card, the machine still has the same issue of not finding the bit.

Yes I do have a BETA machine.
    For the life of me I just can't remember how the finding bit is supposed to function on it, I know it didn't have the bit plate that the newer ones have but I am wondering if it had something else and is missing now.

I will get with support on Monday and see what might be done.

talked to support, nothing I cam do but buy another machine.

THAT IS A BUMMER! I wonder if someone reading this post might have a copy of the older software?
    I started freehand routing in August of 2016
    Got my first "new" A series machine in September of 2017
    It has an A907 motor
    I Use the Aftermarket Musclechuck

http://okmatts.etsy.com

***UPDATE****

My Beta machine is operational once again. There were two issues, one was that I was not supposed to go past 1.186 designer/firmware and I did not know that, and I downloaded 1.187 did my project, then when I uploaded to the machine it update the firmware.

When I went back to older versions of the software I re did my project but the machine was still acting funny, what I didn't realize was that I only did the project in the older version, I had to go into the Flash Manager and push back the Firmware version as well. Once I pushed the firmware back and uploaded to my machine it found the bit like it should.

After watching it I now remember the process, it finds the bit on the left side by the using the sensor and reflecting off of a mirror, then it touches the wood to find it's depth, then it goes to the board clamp plate and touches it.

Anyway, back up and running, thanks for all the suggestions and help.

Thanks for the update. There are not many, if any at all, of the ole beta testers around the forum any more. I thought there use to be a forum area just for beta testers. You might just be one of a kind! Keep us posted on how things are going.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Good you have a operational machine. GOOD JOB !!!
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12