Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Won't find bit

Default Won't find bit

I load the bit and it goes through the motions then the head centers itself and says load bit. I even changed bits and it does the sane thing over and over.

Suggestions?

When the truck travels to the far side is the bit plate coming out all of the way and does the bit touch down 2 times on the bit plate? It sounds like it is not doing that. If the bit plate does not get pushed hard enough by the Y truck there is something interfering with it's movement. It can either be dirty Y rails/bearing, Y belt not tight enough, cut motor wires not tucked back into the corner of the top cover (if not the back of the Z motor will hit them) and/or the spring on the bit plate is dirty and needs to be cleaned and lubed.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

here is what it does.
    It goes up and down twice on the left side, then the truck moves all the way over to the right side and goes up down three times but there is nothing for the but to touch on the right side. Just goes up and down over that steel roller that is between the belts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1516470063291772860596.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	85445

So the bit plate is not coming out then as it looks like in the picture the truck is not traveling far enough over to push the bit plate out. Go through the list of things to check. Also, with the power off push the truck over by hand to see if you feel any resistance and that the truck can move all of the way over to push the bit plate out.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I must not have a bit plate, here is a better pic of the right side.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15164757688411028095540.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	85446

I actually thought it was supposed to touch the plate clamp that holds the board but its been so long I don't remember.

You might check out this video from carvewrightd youtube channel.
    https://youtu.be/uFZoXpstO0c
    I started freehand routing in August of 2016
    Got my first "new" A series machine in September of 2017
    It has an A907 motor
    I Use the Aftermarket Musclechuck

http://okmatts.etsy.com

Yeah, my machine doesn't have one of those, never did. My machine is a really old one, as in one of the first.

Wow! I wonder if you need an older version of the software to be able to run without that.
    I started freehand routing in August of 2016
    Got my first "new" A series machine in September of 2017
    It has an A907 motor
    I Use the Aftermarket Musclechuck

http://okmatts.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by okmatt View Post
    Wow! I wonder if you need an older version of the software to be able to run without that.
    I was wondering that too, might have to call support on Monday to see what version of software that I need. If I remember correctly it supposed to hit the plate/clamp on the right side to find the bit, but it's been so long.

I looked on my computer and I don't have the older software anymore.

Anyone have 1.182?
    not sure that is even old enough, the last one I show on my Flash Manager is 1.180

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast