Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving on from the 10 years of craft shows

With any business location, location, location. We had a small booth at an antique mall for a few months. We did great for a few months, soon we weren't even making the rent in monthly sales. We never did near the amount of sales at the booth that we did at flea markets and craft shows. We could do a show and sell out in one day and make $800-1200.
    I think the main thing was we were building what they wanted not what looked nice. Shabby sheik furniture was the bulk of our sales with a few incidental signs and plaques.
    I would sell two or three carved mantels a month. The difference was people want to talk to someone about the product. Shabby is not as popular now and we quit doing shows and had to move out of the antique mall.
    My remodel business is booming now so we are focusing on that waiting to figure out what the next trend will be.

It sounds like your venue gets a lot of traffic, hopefully it will generate some custom work that you can make some real money on.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

2. Default

So when it comes to the Fallen Soldier plaque you have there with the Rifle, Boots, and Helmet, how do you get the concave area where the image is? Is that available on the basic version or do I have to have the pro version?

Quote Originally Posted by myshop1044 View Post
    Today my wife and I set up our first booth in a vendor shop in the town of Breaux Bridge, home of the world famous crawfish festival.
    The booth is quite small but the owner opens ever day, so it’s like a craftshow 25 days of the month with me having to be there every day.
    This will give me a chance to get special order request from my web site.
    This is big step for us.
    Perry B.

I created that dish shape using the puff tool and inverted it, I do believe it can be done using basic, it’s been a long time.
    It seems some created some patterns showing ovals and rectangles showing these, you can invert each with floor feather off and it brings the dish up to the top surface.
    Any help out there.
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

shortyscwater, it can be done in basic using the select surface double dome button but it is not clean. The concave pattern can be created with simple graphics programs as well with a smooth gray scale gradient sphere and then imported as an image. There are several threads on the topic. But for simplicity here is a concave pattern to use as well.

- O
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW concave pattern.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. Default

Thank you. I'll have to try it out. I'm still trying to learn all the tricks of the program.

hi Me again I found someone had created three patterns as domes, so you can invert the oval dome and turn off floor feather, adjust the depth or height,
    copy it and paste it to your project.
    maybe this is where I picked it up from, has a very smooth top surface.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12