Thread: Family Sign Help!!!

1. Default Family Sign Help!!!

All,
    I need help. On this sign i'm trying to make (i'm new), i'm trying to make it so the 1/2" border around the outside is all the same height (no depth) instead of being canted like it currently is and the rest of the image is set in just like it is now. Can someone please guide me through how to do this? Thanks in advance.

Grimm Family Sign.mpc

if I under stand your question, outer design would be your cutpath and the next design, you would make it a region with a 1/4" feather,
    hope this helps.
    Perry B.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grimm sign.png  
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

Think I would also move the names around or size it where they don't over lap each other.
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Quote Originally Posted by shortyscwater17 View Post
    All,
    I need help. On this sign i'm trying to make (i'm new), i'm trying to make it so the 1/2" border around the outside is all the same height (no depth) instead of being canted like it currently is and the rest of the image is set in just like it is now. Can someone please guide me through how to do this? Thanks in advance.

Grimm Family Sign.mpc
    I used the "Path Offset" tool to create a larger perimeter for the cutout, set the depth to .25" for most everything. Study the changes and if you have any questions...

The fancy one with puffed lettering and a background was created using a pattern that I created in a 3rd party program. I will send it to your private email address as soon as I have it.

A PM was sent to you with my email address.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grimm Family Sign.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 01-08-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    Steve

5. Default

Thank you so much for the help. I sent you an email just a few min ago. I can't wait for my new Board Sensor to come in so I can starting running projects again.

Quote Originally Posted by shortyscwater17 View Post
    Thank you so much for the help. I sent you an email just a few min ago. I can't wait for my new Board Sensor to come in so I can starting running projects again.
    In the 1st example (Modified Original) I used the Designer version 1.188 for everything. In the 2nd example I used Aspire to create the pattern and then added the elements from the original.

Here are the steps I used to modify the original

1. To maintain the original size of your sign, change the board size to 18" by 11"
    2. Remove the cut path
    3. Remove the connected lines inner shape in the group.
    4. Select the carve region and set the bit optimization to best
    5. Select the outer shape, right click and select Center: Both
    6. With the outer shape still selected, set the depth to .25"
    7. Delete the right set of wedding rings
    8. Select the left set of wedding rings, re-position, set the depth to .25" and the height to 100
    9. Right click on the left wedding rings and select Mirror: Horizontal
    10. Set the depth of all elements and text to .25" and the height to 100 and the bit optimization to "Best"
    11. Remove the feather on all elements and text and set the draft to medium.
    12. Select the outer shape and use the Path Offset tool to create a copy .5" to the outside. If you don't have the Path Offset tool you will have to draw it manually. Turn the grid on (Layout, snap) and set the interval to .25 and put a check in everything except "center grid". This will make it relatively easy.
    13. Make the newly drawn shape a cut path, flip the cut, set the max pass depth to .25
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 01-09-2018 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Corrected the number sequence
    Steve