Thread: Completed sign in cedar

Default Completed sign in cedar

Finally got this sign ready to deliver tomorrow. The top is cedar wood using a sign blank from John at Carvemore. Was a little tricky because his template was for a .8" or more thick board but all I could find was .6". I think it came out OK. The lower is a closet cedar board. Both are finished with a coat of Boiled Linseed Oil, (BLO).

For a reference, what would some of you charge for this sign? This one is for a good friend so I think I got it a little low but will want to make sure I get an average price for any in the future.

Thanks for looking and any feedback is appreciated.

Chris Jones
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Personalized Camp Sign cedar with BLO.jpg  

Looks great, I like the layout on the upper one because it isn't so full of stuff that you have a hard time picking out items. The two signs would even allow it to move to another location at some point by only remaking one.
    Rick H

ps: not a clue on pricing

Those look great! I really like the way that cedar carves.

I use a lot of BLO on my outdoor cedar projects, brings out some nice coloring cedar offers. Cedar carves great, sands quick, handles outdoor life well. Oh and you can't forget the smells that emit from the wood while working it. You did a great job and they should get years of enjoyment out of it. Remember every couple opf years to splash on more BLO to increase it's longevity.

That turned out great!

I have done these, and get $80 and $20 for each additional name. There was more time in assembly and finish than carving.
    The names are raised, not sure if it is clear from the pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1274-2_edited-1.png