Thread: Greetings everyone and Merry Christmas - Can You Help

Default Greetings everyone and Merry Christmas - Can You Help

Greetings everyone and Merry Christmas. I have been a member of the carvewright forum for several years and until the last year or so a regular participant and contributor on the forum but my MS has gotten worse and I can no longer use my carvewright machines. I do however occasionally go on my computer and play with designing new patterns with carvewright Project designer. But just recently I went to work on Project designer and when I attempted to open up some patterns I got an error message saying that the computer could not find the program needed to open the file. I tried several times with several different patterns but with no success. I then went to the control panel and deleted the carvewright programs from my computer. I then reinstalled the carvewright program on my computer and tried using it. Some of my patterns would open up and some of them would not and I would get an error message telling me that the file had been written by a newer version of the carvewright program which should not be true because it is a pattern that I made from scratch. Now when I started with carvewright the basic Project designer was version 1.187. I then purchased the 2.0 upgrade, advanced 2D, advanced 3D, centerline text, conforming vectors, keyhole function and pattern editor. Now the versions of Project designer and the various add-ons you can purchase are different from what they were when I bought all of my software. But when I checked on Project designer when it is open I click on the help menu and it shows all of my purchased add-ons is being installed. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to get the carvewright program on my computer to recognize an open these files?

Sorry to hear about your MS. Glad you can still find joy working with Designer. I am a 1.187 hold out so I am not the best one to answer this... My first WAG... Wild AL Guess is that a Windows Update has caused a problem with your Designer License and that is the reason that some open and others do not.

I am betting that a quick call to LHR on Tuesday will result in solving your issue. I have seen some older posts in the theme of what you are asking and a call to LHR solved it.

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

The gang at CarveWright will probably be the best choice to help you fix your issue. They will not be back until Wednesday but here is a link to the software install/registration the might have some tips.. http://support.carvewright.com/softw...g-registration
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Try opening Designer as admin. Then open your pattern.
    George

I think theproblem I’m having is because of the version of designer that I reinstalled.There are only two versions of designer available to reinstall, basic and pro.Now I reinstalled designer basic because I never purchased the Pro upgrade. Theversion of designer that I had installed on my computer previously was designer 2.0. I can’tfind anywhere on the carvewright website that I can reinstall designer 2.0.

RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by chkorte View Post
    I think theproblem I’m having is because of the version of designer that I reinstalled.There are only two versions of designer available to reinstall, basic and pro.Now I reinstalled designer basic because I never purchased the Pro upgrade. Theversion of designer that I had installed on my computer previously was designer 2.0. I can’tfind anywhere on the carvewright website that I can reinstall designer 2.0.
    Hi; You can Download the Designer 2 program from the Carvewright WEB page. The address is on the bottom of this page. WWW.carvewright.com

I like the Basic program - I have over 5000 programs that I sell on CD's and DVD's - all these can be opened on any of the NEW PROGRAMS. I opened the Designer program 2 and I can use it for 30 days with out buying it.

Merry Christmas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Designer  2 program.png   Capture elk 3_vectorized_DISP-CW.PNG   Capture elk 3_vectorized_DISP-.png  
    Last edited by bjbethke; 12-25-2017 at 01:59 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.