Thread: Baby Blocks Girl

Default Baby Blocks Girl

Not sure if this has been asked before but I did not find anything in a search. You can get the baby Blocks - Boy from the CW Store but there is not one for a girl. My wife has asked if there was one but I have not been able to find one yet.

Does anyone know where I can get one? It does not have to be the same as the one CW sell but I think it would make a nice match if someone liked them for a gift.

Just wondering??

Thanjs,

Chris

Chris, this may be an opportunity to create something unique and all your own. These types of patterns can be created with designer basic and a little bit of time. Creativity is the challenge since the technical challenge is low.

The individual block or block strings can be grouped together to make individual patterns that can then be rotated or stretched together.

The below example used only square and line connect tools with additive merge and selective grouping. I recommend adding a grid and using snap to grid feature as well.

Ribbon patterns and other scroll patterns are in the shared pattern section that can be added to your own pattern.

If you do try it and hit any roadblocks let me know and I'll try to help.

- Oscar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW blocks.png  

Thanks Oscar, I will see if I can do something as you have described. I am not very good at creating new projects yet but wanting to get there and learn all that Designer has to offer. I know there is a lot of potential in the program, it is just taking the time to learn it all and putting it to use.

Thanks again. I may take you up on your offer once I get a chance to try it.

Chris

Chris, I hope you it give it a go. You'll see its not that difficult. There are limitations with the basic software but you can create quite a bit with it.

I use third party software along with the stl importer addon for pattern building but the learning curve is ugly with this method. You have to learn 3d modeling but there are many different ways to create patterns. Pick one way and get proficient with it. There is no one perfect way but they can all get you to the end destination of being a good pattern builder.

For new pattern builders I always recommend looking at Ask Bud's youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuP...XuRJhI16xExxEQ

He left a legacy of knowledge and a joy in creating cool art with this little machine.

Here is a basic building block if you want to block in a design to start creating your own or you can use it as a building block for your design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW basic block.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oscar, Thanks. I did give it a try but was unsuccessful. I do have Designer Pro 3.0 and a few add-ons but am still learning. I have most of Ask Bud's videos downloaded. Will check the one above out and see what I can learn. It may be next year though because I have my books to close out for 2 companies my wife and I have. One is pretty much done but the other, I have to start from January. It is the craft business and until June, there was not much but after the CW Conference, a lot has happened so I am going to be busy for a few days.

Thanks again,

Chris

I looked thru my files and found this. I've never carved it so have no idea how it will work. Hope this is something maybe you can use. Sorry I didn't post a pic but my note pad program went AWOL....????
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Found this image on the web to convert to a PTN file. Not very many images to choose from on the web.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails girl blocks.PNG  
    B Lantz

Here is a quick example made with designer basic. It comes down to artist vision of the pattern you want to build because the technical challenge is low once you get the basics down. Questions like, is it an angle view or front view or different orientations and what perspective do you want to show? Do you want a border pattern on the blocks? Different order or building something with the blocks?

Depending on which addons you already have, the process is easier depending on what you want to achieve and some more advanced capabilities open up. With basic you are limited, to a certain degree, to flat surfaces though you can use select surface tool to create some angled shapes. Those additional addons I'll leave to askbud and the rest of the crew on here since I don't have them or use them.

Added the mpc so you can see how I built the block letter. You can edit the font to change the font type and letters to create different blocks. Its built in designer basic 1.xxx so anyone can open it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW blocks girl.png  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 12-27-2017 at 04:26 PM.