Thread: plaque stand pattern

Default plaque stand pattern

I am making a couple of different size plaques and need stands for them .
    Would any one have pattern?

You can buy them at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc. for around $5.00. Search for "picture frame easel". By the time you apply a finish, hinge, etc. it's hardly worth making your own. Here is a couple and I don't know where they came from so I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 12-24-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    Steve

Steve is right. For ease and simplicity its easier and sometimes way cheaper just to buy them. I use the metal ones a lot.

For special accessions I do make low observable simple holders. They are a pair of feet that hold onto the plaque. The back end has to be the same length or greater than the distance the plaque will angle from upright. So they are cut custom for each of my plaques since I tend to never make the same size. I also cut them on my band saw and not the CW. But it may give you ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails plaque stand.png  

I made my own 'stand' by drilling a hole in the back using the guide for Kreg screws for the angle. Just cut a dowel to length for the stand portion, paint or stain to match. I also put a hanger above the hole for wall hanging. Quick & cheap.
    Merry Xmas everyone,
    Rick H

Rick that is super creative. I may have to try it one of these days.

- O

Default Thanks Rick

Quote Originally Posted by want2b View Post
    I made my own 'stand' by drilling a hole in the back using the guide for Kreg screws for the angle. Just cut a dowel to length for the stand portion, paint or stain to match. I also put a hanger above the hole for wall hanging. Quick & cheap.
    Merry Xmas everyone,
    Rick H
    Thanks Rick

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    Steve is right. For ease and simplicity its easier and sometimes way cheaper just to buy them. I use the metal ones a lot.

For special accessions I do make low observable simple holders. They are a pair of feet that hold onto the plaque. The back end has to be the same length or greater than the distance the plaque will angle from upright. So they are cut custom for each of my plaques since I tend to never make the same size. I also cut them on my band saw and not the CW. But it may give you ideas.

Thanks Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    You can buy them at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc. for around $5.00. Search for "picture frame easel". By the time you apply a finish, hinge, etc. it's hardly worth making your own. Here is a couple and I don't know where they came from so I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes.
    Thanks Steve

Files would not open for me

Quote Originally Posted by denzim View Post
    Thanks Steve

Files would not open for me
    The files were created in version 3. What version do you have?

EDIT: Here they are in version 1.188. Since the "Vector Group" tool isn't available in version 1.188 I had to change it to a bit profile. The original design and pictures shown here are by Tim Hornshaw. It was downloaded as a .dxf and imported it into the Designer so it would probably be best to cut it out of scrap wood first to make sure everything fits.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back.jpg   Front.jpg   Side.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 12-24-2017 at 09:17 PM.
    Steve