Thread: Litho Depth

Default Litho Depth

I have carved the 1/4" Candlestone material at 180 and 450. I find that not enough light will project through it. Has anyone carved it deeper that that with success? Thanks

I stay with the recommended settings for the most part. I might adjust the height a little up or down but never deeper. What kind of lighting are you using? I also paint the inside of my boxes white for better reflection of the light.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

That's the problem, I am not using any lighting, I am relying on natural sunlight. I have carved many using this method (but not candlestone, just regular lexan) and they were great in a window. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1 View Post
    That's the problem, I am not using any lighting, I am relying on natural sunlight. I have carved many using this method (but not candlestone, just regular lexan) and they were great in a window. Thank you.
    Is the color of the material different? I bet so and that does play a big factor in how much light comes through.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Yes it is, you are right. They are both white but the Candlestone is not a brilliant white, more of a flat white. As well the texture of the Candlestone is coarse. So. that mab take in to play as well. I have some leads for lighting material from Amazon.ca that may help towards a lighted box. Thanks Floyd for all your help throughout the year and Merry Christmas.