Thread: Y Truck not moving far enough

Default Y Truck not moving far enough

I have just installed a new Y pack and tryed to carve but the Y truck stops about a inch short of touching the bit plate is there an adjustment for this?

In the far upper right corner there are 2 wires that lead to the cover switch. The truck is probably hitting them and stopping it from traveling far enough to trip the bit plate. This is a very common problem as there is absolutely no clearance and it is difficult to see. Even with a flashlight.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 12-15-2017 at 09:34 AM.
    Steve

Drill a few holes and add some tie wraps. Problem solved.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6306976.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	790.7 KB 
ID:	85246 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6306977.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	85247

Thanks guys that was the problem!

Even I have done it.... Not tucking the wires into the back corner.... The WORST one is doing maintenance and leaving a 1/8th inch bit in the machine but in the process of doing maintenance push the Z DOWN... Then slide in a new board before turning on the machine and the Z retracting as part of homing.. and you hear a SNAP.... as your board takes out a $30.00 bit...

I looked at your website and VERY Impressive Product Line.... I bet you could make a great NAVY Lamp with the CW Cutout of the Navy Chief Anchor.... I know a guy that sells a cast brass 6 inch anchor too that would go very well as a lamp part. I have the WOOD pattern, I think I got it at the Pattern Depot.

Snowing here in my part of PA today, can't wait for Phil to look for his shadow....

AL

Retired Navy Chief
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E7.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 12-15-2017 at 01:24 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Even I have done it.... Not tucking the wires into the back corner.... The WORST one is doing maintenance and leaving a 1/8th inch bit in the machine but in the process of doing maintenance push the Z DOWN... Then slide in a new board before turning on the machine and the Z retracting as part of homing.. and you hear a SNAP.... as your board takes out a $30.00 bit...

I looked at your website and VERY Impressive Product Line.... I bet you could make a great NAVY Lamp with the CW Cutout of the Navy Chief Anchor.... I know a guy that sells a cast brass 6 inch anchor too that would go very well as a lamp part. I have the WOOD pattern, I think I got it at the Pattern Depot.

Snowing here in my part of PA today, can't wait for Phil to look for his shadow....

AL

Retired Navy Chief
    Al
    Thanks for the kind words! Yes I can make a lamp for a Navy Chief if you are interested.
    Snowing here today also have about 6 inches on the ground I am sick of winter already.