Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is it cutting like this?

I also purchased the Universal sled. I guess I could add tension to the rubber belts by adding 2mm washers to the springs located in the x feed trays.

2. Default

I will try moving the project over and using a bigger board but I've made tons of these signs on my older C machine with the same settings, same design, which all worked fine. My thought was also that it had something to do with the rubber belts because with the sandpaper belts it worked just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Mulgrew View Post
    I always leave the 3.5" on each side and select stay under rollers. I do use masking tape on the roller side and I cannot see where it lost contact with the roller. I do not think it's user error on this one. I've carved thousands of signs over 5 years and have 2 machines. With my old C machine I never needed masking tape and did not have this problem. I will try a sled but don't have time right now. Everything else carves fine. Even if I put in a 60v or 90v bit and carve a border all the way around the sign it carves fine and lines up fine. It's only on the cutout that it drifts past where it should on each pass.
    Wow, that makes for a much clearer picture....

So my first thought after all this is that I wonder if 1. Your head is level? and 2. The 4 screws on the bottom of the machine holding the 4 smooth posts are tight...

A WAG.... Wild AL Guess...
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12