Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you get into the tight spaces to sand

The Proxxon looks like an interesting detail sander. When you attached the wall wart how did you know how to connect it to the sander to get the polarity right. Are the pins on the sander labeled + and - ?

Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post

Is that YOUR video and YOU make them or you buy them from the person that makes them.. There isn't much info on that video and that looks like a pretty useful item for the old tool chest
    John

This is one of the things I use a lot besides home made sanding mops for my dremel. You can get the replacement belt in different grits. I believe I got some from Amazon, it's listed under sanding detailer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails detailer.jpg  
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Quote Originally Posted by MRcarvey View Post
    The Proxxon looks like an interesting detail sander. When you attached the wall wart how did you know how to connect it to the sander to get the polarity right. Are the pins on the sander labeled + and - ?
    Turns out the polarity doesn't matter.

Dick, that pen sander looks really cool. Think I'll get one and give it a try. Thanks for posting that.
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

These are also very handy..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails burr set.jpg  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    These are also very handy..
    Where do you get them?

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    Where do you get them?
    My first set was from WoodCraft but Harbor Freight also has them.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I am looking at a few of the options listed. This project is more for Easter but wanted to get it ready for a show this weekend. Unfortunately, I will not have all I ned to finish until after the show. I will just make sure to have it ready for spring shows. Texas Wood Carvers have the Lumberton micro sanders and they are only about 17 miles from my shop. They are a few dollars more but would be worth it to get them quicker by just driving to their location. Also, my wife bought a micro carver that have several of the bits Floyd mentioned. I might give them a try as well.

Thanks again,

Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12