Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you have trouble reading a tape measure properly?

Default If you have trouble reading a tape measure properly?

If any of you are like me and cannot read a tape measure accurately, at least when it gets down to the 1/16" dimensions, I may have found a solution. After doing some research, I found the "eTape16. It is a 16" tape measure that also gives a Digital readout. You can have it display fractions, decimals, and even metric settings. I have been able to get the exact measurement for my boards do to the .5" thickness.

Both Rockler and Woodcraft carry it but it has to be ordered. I found it at The Container Store, https://www.containerstore.com/s/gar...uctId=11001891 for only $24.99. I went and bought 2 of them. Rockler and Woodcraft have them for $29.99 to $39.99. Check them out, I think you will be impressed with how it works and with its accuracy.

I tried to find the link I had to the manufacturers page that has a great video on how it works but could not find it. Just search eTape16 if you are interested in checking it out.

Chris Jones

What a great idea! It's on my wishlist

Wow, thanks... what a great gift for my guy that's so hard to buy for-and now uses bifocals so everything is a tich off

https://etape16.com/

Some reviewers on Amazon say it is not repeatably accurate.

So far, mine seems to pretty accurate. If I measure a board and then had the CW measure it, it is pretty much right on. Time will tell how long this lasts but I think it is worth the price to be closer then just trying to read a regular tape measure.

Will let you know if I start to have any issues.

Chris

2032 battery? I have an angle reader, micrometer, and bevel gauge that use them. Why not add another. Oh also the dogle for my wife's keyless Ford Escape.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

For accuracy, I think it just depends on what you are measuring. For example, when measuring the length or width of a board I use a tape measure and the digital tape measure would be great for that. For measuring the thickness of a board I use an analog dial caliper. It's much more accurate than the digital ones.
    Steve

Sent one to my Brother for Xmas.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I ordered one but they are now back-ordered. On the brighter side I went here:

https://thecontainerstore.knoji.com/promo-codes/-ds-15-off-your-purchase-at-the-container-store-singleusejww/

and was able to use a code to get 15% off. ($3.75)

Note: Do not use the promo code showing when first entering the web page. Scroll down and click on the "Use Promo Code" button, it will generate a new one-use code in the upper window. Copy the code and paste in the Additional Promo box on the page where you first opened your cart. It will then regenerate the price to reflect 15% off.

Got one I Love It!
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast