Thread: Install Error

Default Install Error

Tried to open Designer 2 and got an "Install error": Files required for the CarveWright Designer have been moved or are missing. Please reinstall

What do I need to do?

First try restarting windows and see if you still get the error. If you still do you will need to uninstall designer and reinstall it.

Here is the link for 2 http://www.carvewright.com/designer-archive/
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Are you running Windows 10? Their big updates have been known to remove files, or change your computer address so your license doesn't work any longer and you have to re-register the computer in your customer account.

Run as administrator?

Dan,

I just launched Designer, and ended up with the same message. Run as Administrator worked. Thank you! I think I have re-registered 4 times since May, this will certainly help!

I restarted Windows and Designer opened. I do know there is/was a LARGE update coming to Windows tho. That could have done it maybe? Thank you all for the help. I was kind of freaking out, I have a lot of carvings I need to get done this weekend.