Thread: Model A and Model B for sale with rockchucks and dust shute

Cool Model A and Model B for sale with rockchucks and dust shute

I have 2 different Carvewrights for sale. One is a model A Compucarve and the other a newer B Carvewright. Both have dust collection for them and rock chucks installed for easy bit installation. The A comes with the large designer bit set and the B comes with the scanner probe (never used). Email me at cpuman6mgl@gmail.com or call me at 901 413 3005. $1000.00 each. Johnny

When you sell them, tell them I am interested in buying both Rock Chucks when they upgrade to CT's.

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

If I sold you both Rockchucks, why on Earth would they want the machines when there would be nothing to put your cutting bits into?

Go back and read Al's post again "when they upgrade"

What are rock chucks

Quote Originally Posted by Boatguy1979 View Post
    What are rock chucks
    It was the first after market chuck replacement for the original Quick Change chuck. They were made by Ron Justice. He is not in business any more. Do a search for "rock chuck". Lots of discussion on it.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Yes, after upgrade to the LHR Standard of the CarveTite Chuck System.

It comes as a whole Truck Assembly with the CT pressed into the truck. Pressing in a CT is not normally a at home job. But some have replaced the bearings.

They would just change the whole truck and sell the old truck with rock chuck to me.

The very old trucks have a flaw in them that lets them crack because the castings were too thin. You can tell them by the holes for the old Z Sensor and Probe Jack. The bottom right bearing hole flange is very thin. They added a black washer to fix the cracking problems. The newer truck castings have the holes filled in and a thicker bottom right bearing flange. The one on the left where the tapered screw head acts like a WEDGE and SNAPS the truck. The one on the left needs a washer before use.

The picture shows a ROCK on the left and a old QC on the right. BOTH castings are the THIN metal and the one on the right has the black washer. Both have the open holes.

The ROCK is similar in looks to the CarveTite EXCEPT the ROCK SCREWS on to where the QC comes off. The SUPERIOR CarveTite has a Solid shaft from bit holder to the square slot in the top making for less run out and a more stable bit holder. And I believe it is much quieter as if my ROCK threads are off slightly then at high speed it makes noise from vibration.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03586_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 01-11-2018 at 10:36 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Quote Originally Posted by cpuman View Post
    If I sold you both Rockchucks, why on Earth would they want the machines when there would be nothing to put your cutting bits into?
    AS the seller, you would sell the machine WITH the Rock Chucks on the machine so it is fully functional.

It would be up to the Buyer to decide to upgrade. The Buyer could continue to use the machines as I do my 4 machines with Rock Chucks on them. By MY offering to buy the ROCK CHUCKS it sweetens the deal of buying the CarveTite Upgrade.

The going price for a "A" and "B" machine is about $300.00 for the "A" and about $400.00 for the "B". That's here, on Craig's List or eBay you would get more but when they discover they paid way too much at $1000.00 each they will not be happy.

The probe is just a $10.00 spare part for someone as the software is not transferable I believe even if it was not registered. A spare part if they already own a machine and the probe software.

This would not be a good first machine for someone. The person who is going to buy your machine will be the guys that already has a few machines and run them every day. We have quite a FEW doing this. They will add them both to the ones they now run and rotate machines in for maintenance. I know a few guys that maintain the machines by the number of cut hours and rotate in a ready machine as needed. Your machines will be torn down and bearings cleaned and replaced, New FFC Cable, New Board Sensor, New Cut Motor Brushes, Rebuild the Y Gearbox replacing the two 685ZZ Bearings and Possibly a new Flex Shaft... Then glue the Power Supply L2 and the X Termination Board C1. And if they don't have Rubber Belts they will upgrade them from Sand Paper Belts. WE are talking close to $500.00 to do this with the CarveTite. And if the Flex Shaft end of the Cut Motor is CRACKED.... That is another Hundred Bucks.... All this to bring the machine up to the current standard of reliability that they expect using the machine each day. That is why many have opted to just buy a new CX Machine as the cost would be the SAME as a new Machine. This why your machines have not sold. Too many unknowns, too many expensive parts. Like a used boat... Break Out Another Thousand...

I know one carver that took in between 5 and 7 new orders last week for carved Navy Stuff due to a post I made on a Navy Closed Facebook Page. He runs his machine maintenance like the Military as He is also RETIRED MILITARY.

So if you want to sell the machines you will likely need to drop the price in half for each. I paid around $500.00 for machines 2, 3, and 4 and that was more than 5 years ago.

As of tonight you have had 15 visitors to your profile including myself. So users are looking and interested but not buying. I was reading your 9 posts and I see you upgraded at least one machine with rubber belts, that is a positive thing.

Looking at your 2011 posts of the Bit and Truck problems, I am still in the camp that your bit was installed too LONG in the ROCK and that caused the stall. The machine designer software is designed for the CarveTite Bit length as the CT Bits have a sleeve and a set length. With ROCK users you must find that SWEET SPOT Length to be able to proceed. It ALSO stopped me dead in my tracks until I got the length right.

Remove the Flex Shafts and crank the heads all the way down for shipping. A Installed Flex Shaft in a Shipping Box WILL SNAP or CRACK the Cut Motor Housing a hundred dollar fix... And a head not cranked all the way down in Shipping can cause the FRAME of the machine to CRACK at the 4 Vertical Support Shafts making the machine worth even less. "C" and "CX" machines have a heavier frame.

Good Luck,

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02626_WEB.jpg   DSC06139.JPG   DSC02201_WEB.jpg   BS1.jpg  

DSC09643_WEB.jpg   DSC07811_WEB.jpg   DSC03710_WEB.jpg   DSC06759_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 01-11-2018 at 10:54 PM.

OK makes since now.
    thanks