Okay, I understand that Carvewright isn't a charity and they need to make money but charging $200 to let you do something that should be a basic function of the software is a bit much. I imported an image into the software to use as a pattern for a project I'm doing for our local soil and water district. I tried a test carving and found that I needed to change the size and depth slightly. Should be simple, right? Nope! I went to redo the project and right clicked on MY pattern. I changed my sizes and depth. Wasn't sure what to do from there, so I went to close the box and it asked if I wanted to save my changes. Of course I did so I clicked on save. I was then informed that I wasn't allowed to do this simple thing because I hadn't spent $200 for the Pattern Editor software add-on. it just seems to me that the ability to change and save your own pattern should be a basic function of the software, not cost $200 extra. So now I have to delete my old pattern, reimport my image, and then make my changes and save it again. It seems stupid to have to do all that for something that should be extremely simple. Don't what the software enginerds were thinking but it seems like it was more about making profits for the company than making thing easy for the customer! Sorry for the rant, this makes no sense to me at all...