Thread: Need help importing sheet music images

Default Need help importing sheet music images

I have been away for years but want to get back into carving. I have carved music but have had to manually put in all the note and lines using fonts but it takes to long so wanted to know if anybody has successfully been able to convert image from the web into designer

Sheetmusic.bmp is when I am importing the image and it does not look that bad but
    Sheetmusic2.bmp is what it looks like in designer

so I am not sure why it looks that one way in importer but another in designer.

can anyone help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sheetmusic.bmp   sheetmusic2.bmp  

It would help if you posted your mpc, but I'm guessing that you simply have too much detail which the carving bit cannot produce. Try making the project bigger. Frankly, I don't think you are going to be able to get good results with this method.

Thanks, I was hoping there was an easier way. I was wondering how others do it?

Try set bit optimization to best and setting the carving bit to the 1/32" bit and I think you will see better results.

thanks but I only show a 1/16 and no 1/32 how do I get this in designer?

Michael Tyler helped someone here on the forum awhile back with the same problem. I think it was the same music also. Send him a PM. Maybe he will send you the file.
    Steve

Hi,

I received your PM pointing me to this thread.

I helped someone on another CNC forum with the Amazing Grace music. It was a vector file and the method to carve it was using a V-bit. It was not a totally complete file - just the music. The fellow I helped was going to finish it himself. However, I can create a completed vector file when time permits.

I've not tried v-carving music with my CarveWright machines. I think it would work well if carved on a hardwood like Maple. Softwoods like Pine might be too soft and have too much chipout when v-carved (called "Vector Group" in the Designer Pro software).

Questions for you...

1) Do you have Designer Pro?

2) Do you have the DXF Importer software?
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

thanks for responding.

I do not have DXF Importer
    Project Designer 2 ver. 2.008 build 15

I did a search for "Amazing Grace" and found the following thread that may be helpful for you:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?16154

It has an MPC download as well as the music font download. You will need to have the Centerline Text add-on module to carve this file. Here is the link to purchase the Centerline Text module:

http://www.carvewright.com/add-on-modules/centerline/

I noticed the MPC file has the 90° v-bit assigned to the centerline...I would change that to use the 60° v-bit instead, for all the centerline carving.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══