Thread: Houston Area Local Users Get Together

Default Houston Area Local Users Get Together

At the conference this year, I ran into several people from the Houston area. I have been working with Robert Dages and we have a place to hold a user group. It is in the NW part of Harris County, large shop area. We are looking to having one on December 9th for anyone who might be interested. Please contact me or reply to this thread if interested.

More information will follow once we get a handle on who is wanting to participate.

Chris Jones

I am working with Robert Dages and Bryan Weldon to get a local Houston area users group together. Several people at the conference noted they were interested in coming if one was started up. Sorry for the delay but we are now ready to try and get a meeting put together. All those interested, please an e-mail to houston.cwug@gmail.com. We are looking to have it either in late February or in march.

The following dates are not available due to other events at the meeting location:
    Feb 23, Mar 9, mar 23, Apr 13.

Most likely discussion topics:

• Maintenance and Troubleshooting
    • Now that I own a machine how much does it cost me to use it
    • How I use jigs to do what I do
    • Dust collection
    • How I use the internet
    • Using a Sand Blaster for initial cleanup after carve
    • CW Designer, Basic VS Pro
    • Add-Ons

List any topic you would like to see discussed so as we can try and help all who come learn and grow in using their CarveWrights.

Chris Jones

Chris,

That sounds like a lot of FUN and learning experience opportunities! Wish I was closer - I would definitely want to attend!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

To everyone who has shown interest in the CW Users group get together, we have set a date. April 27th starting around 9:30 to 10:00. The general area if you want to look it up is the intersection of FM 2920 and Cypress Rosehill Rd., west of Tomball.

The exact address will be sent out to all who email me back stating you are planning on attending or hoping to attending. Depending on how much is discussed will depend on how long it will last. Several area of discussion have been brought up and we can go through and see which those attending want to talk most about. Bring whatever you will want to drink and if it goes past lunch time, we can all chip in $5.00 and order Pizza if that works for everyone.

Also, please let me know if there are any special needs for access. The site is not Handicapped compliant but there is enough room to be able to get everyone around to all areas.

Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions or suggestion for topics of interest. I am hoping to have a projector so as it will be easy for all to view what is being done on the software.

Please send me an e-mail at houston.cwug@gmail.com if interested so as additional information can be sent out.

Brian, Please feel free to add anything you may think of I may have missed.

And Michael, you are always welcome...

See everyone then.

Chris Jones

Thank you, Chris!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I am getting an e-mail ready to send to all those who have showed interest in getting together on April 27th. If you have not yet e-mailed me that you would like to be apart of this, please send me an e-mail at houston.cwug@gmail.com

Chris

Only a few days until the Houston Users Group meeting. I have sent out the e-mail with directions for those who have showed interest. If you did not receive it, please send me an e-mail to houston.cwug@gmail.com and I will get it sent to you.

Again, Saturday, April 27 @ 10:00