Thread: Getting Check Cut Motor Rrror

Default Getting Check Cut Motor Rrror

I am having an issue where my machine is telling me to check cut motor on every job I try and do, have had it since my first carve when I got the machine back in July. There are only 24 hours on the maching and now the cut motor will not engage at all. I did the firmware upgrade but it has not seemd to work. I ran a carve last night and got the message but was able to continue by removing the shaft and re-inserted it tightly. tried the same this morning SEVERAL time and the motor will not kick in. Ran the cut motor test and it says it is working but I hear nothing like I do when the bit is installed and carving. I tried a different memory card, same.

Like I said, this is a new machine and have been getting this from the beginning. At first I thought I had not got the flex shaft in completely but now know it is not the issue. Also, noticing that the flex shaft is rubbing on the plastic cover where it goes into the back of the machine. I can already see the metal lining. Am going to wrap some electrical tape around it to protect it but do not think that would cause this issue.

Any ideas???

Chris Jones

Normally I would think you have a few, unrelated problems. Usually, cut motor not running problems are due to simple things like the right cover switch. In this case, with the rubbing flex and the (possibly) malfunctioning rpm sensor, I think you may have a cracked cut motor casing. Just a guess!

Thanks bergerud, It was the switch in fact. After doing some research on CarveWright support, I found that when the clear cover is closed, it is not hitting the right switch, the cut motor switch. This time when I closed the cover, I just pushed the lid in and made sure I heard a click and it is working fine now. I will have to see why the cover is loose when I have time. If anyone knows any way to fix this, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cjones View Post
    Thanks bergerud, It was the switch in fact. After doing some research on CarveWright support, I found that when the clear cover is closed, it is not hitting the right switch, the cut motor switch. This time when I closed the cover, I just pushed the lid in and made sure I heard a click and it is working fine now. I will have to see why the cover is loose when I have time. If anyone knows any way to fix this, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Great catch! The clear cover hinges could be out of alignment or if you have a dust collection attachment install it could be contacting the attachment and keeping it from not lowering all of the way.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

A loose cover or just a slightly out of position cover sometimes cannot reach the right side cut motor safety switch. One fix I use on my left side switch would help your right side switch. I call it the "Seat Belt". It is a piece of tape applied to the clear cover with the cover open 1/4 the way and the tape tucks down into the flex slot on the black cover. When the cover is closed it pulls the clear cover tight to the black cover hence pushing further on the right side safety switch.

As far as getting the CCM or Check Cut Motor... First thing to check is if the Cut Motor sensor on the flex end of the motor is working. Calling up sensor data through options on the keypad. When you get cut motor manually turn the bit holder chuck to rotate the cut motor. It is a counter with a magnet on the motor shaft and a sensor that counts each revolution. This is what talks to the computer and gives you the CCM.

Try this... run a project where you get a CCM in the beginning and by pressing enter the carve continues with no problems. Now run the project or ANY other project WITHOUT turning the power off on the machine. You should NOT get the CCM with the 2nd project. This is a "Quirk" of the machine that some have had luck downloading the LHR fix. If you turn the machine off then you will get it the first time.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03168_WEB.jpg   DSC06456_WEB.jpg   DSC06280_WEB.jpg   DSC06268_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 11-18-2017 at 01:47 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

There is a little room to adjust the cover switch. Loosen the screws that hole it in place (cover off and upside down for access) and move it toward the opening and retighten the screws.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Thanks all for your advice. I have done several carves today and still getting the CCM error but I had down graded the firmware to the previous version on the card. I have since upgraded it to the latest and will see when I am able to carve again. I ended up putting some electrical tape over the clear cover tab so it would connect every time it is closed. I will try what you all suggested later.

In the middle of carves today, my power started to fluctuate and called out the electric company. I am having to replace my Meter Box tomorrow morning so as I have a full load of power coming in. Right now I only have a consistent 120V coming in and the other 120V is being blocked in the box. Connector has burned up but still have some power but no water since I am on a well. Oh-well, life goes on.

Thanks again,

Chris