I am having an issue where my machine is telling me to check cut motor on every job I try and do, have had it since my first carve when I got the machine back in July. There are only 24 hours on the maching and now the cut motor will not engage at all. I did the firmware upgrade but it has not seemd to work. I ran a carve last night and got the message but was able to continue by removing the shaft and re-inserted it tightly. tried the same this morning SEVERAL time and the motor will not kick in. Ran the cut motor test and it says it is working but I hear nothing like I do when the bit is installed and carving. I tried a different memory card, same.

Like I said, this is a new machine and have been getting this from the beginning. At first I thought I had not got the flex shaft in completely but now know it is not the issue. Also, noticing that the flex shaft is rubbing on the plastic cover where it goes into the back of the machine. I can already see the metal lining. Am going to wrap some electrical tape around it to protect it but do not think that would cause this issue.

Any ideas???

Chris Jones