Thread: Making a project from a JPG

1. Question Making a project from a JPG

I hope someone can help me. I am trying to take a logo from a local organization and carve it into a board for a project. I imported the jpg and turned it into a 3d image and saved it to favorites. Then I run into a brick wall. I start a new project, give it the dimensions of my board, but can't figure out how to bring that image into the new project. I can't even figure out how to get to the folder where the program saved it to (Favorites). There has to be something I'm missing. I'm sure it's something simple, but for the life if me I can't figure it out. Help!

After you set the board dimensions go to the top of the screen and click on the pattern tool (looks like a blue shell) your pattern should be listed on the right side of the screen. Click on your pattern and drag it over to your board.

3. Default

When I do that, the only thing that happens is that the arrow symbol to the left flashes. There is nothing on the right side of the screen at all. I went into the View menu and made sure Pattern List is checked, but still nothing.

When it asks you where to save, is the "favorites" the default, or do you navigate to it.
    Are the "free" CW patterns in the favorites list on the right when you click on Favorites?
    Have you recently added a computer or changed/moved files around?
    The images show 1) the default location to save (Favorites) I did not expand it, so it showed up 2) in the "root" of favorites without expanding favorites
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails import1.PNG   Patterns.PNG  

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJohn View Post
    When I do that, the only thing that happens is that the arrow symbol to the left flashes. There is nothing on the right side of the screen at all. I went into the View menu and made sure Pattern List is checked, but still nothing.
    Make sure you have a project board open. If it is not the tools do not work.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.