Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spektra Nanocomposite Coated Bits

Michael,

Did you ever form an opinion of the Spektra bits?
    I'm always skeptical of tooling claims, especially ones involving coatings, but I still keep looking at them.

Justin Pierce, aka spalted
    *Pattern Editor (Probe) * Centerline * Dxf Import * STL Importer * Version 3 Standalone * Advanced 3D * Advanced 2D * Conforming Vectors * Rotary *C Machine *Rock Chuck

Hi,

The 0.0625” Tapered Ballnose with the coating is a good quality bit, but can’t say it’s any better than any other that I’ve used. I’ve not seen any difference in carve quality.

The main drawback for CarveWright users like us, is the bit shank is too small for the CarveTight chuck. It’s only 0.25” diameter, and the CarveTight chuck requires a 0.5” diameter shank. So, I only use it on my ShopBot CNC.

I still use the 0.0625” CarveWright Tapered Ballnose (with the factory pressed-on collar) when carving projects with the CarveWrght CNC.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thank you Michael.

I'm still using a rock chuck so I have a bit more flexibility in shank sizes.
    I think the last ones I bought were from Vortex. I'll probably just stick with those for now.

Justin Pierce, aka spalted
    *Pattern Editor (Probe) * Centerline * Dxf Import * STL Importer * Version 3 Standalone * Advanced 3D * Advanced 2D * Conforming Vectors * Rotary *C Machine *Rock Chuck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123