Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convince me I can do this with Designer upgrades as easily - V-carve artwork

what font software and scanning software do you use BJ? Those results are better than what I get from Scanfont and TypeTool
    John

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    It's actually not necessary to do that. In my example the "dots" were all one glyph and they extended over the board boundary. I lay out everything on a smaller (in my case a 14" x 14" board), group, expand to final size, then copy and paste to two or more boards, deleting glyphs that are wholly off the board. Because everything is enlarged at once, the boards will match. I use slightly oversize boards, then trim with a table saw for a perfect match. The machine will do some air carving off the board, but no harm.

Very nice project BTW!
    Thanks

I stopped overhanging the vectors because it adds a fair amount of time to the carve with all that "off the board" carving the machine wants to do. All my boards are at least an inch wider than they need to be to compensate for when I have no choice but to hang a vector off the board edge. It would be great if the machine/software handled overhanging vectors the same way it handles overhanging raster/.ptn work.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jgowrie View Post
    what font software and scanning software do you use BJ? Those results are better than what I get from Scanfont and TypeTool
    Hi John; I like to make my patterns from Line Drawings. Most line drawings are saved as a Raster image. I use a program called Vector Magic Desktop Edition; With this program I can save my new images as a Vector or a raster image. I can also turn the image into a 3d looking image. My Font software is a High Logic Font Creator (Version 6.5)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2e3a3528c7460ae1c783d5997a9ca04b_vectorized.png   I have the FontCreator 6.5.PNG   Raster Image stump.PNG   Fish 3d type image.PNG  

Raster Image.PNG   raskraska-lico-devushki_vectorized_DISP-.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bjbethke; 10-29-2017 at 10:56 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12