Thread: Requesting help with picture frame for a vet friend...

Default Requesting help with picture frame for a vet friend...

The wife of friend of mine has asked me to make a frame for a picture of a special horse he had in the past. She expressed interest in a flute type pattern on the frame. She also asked that a banner with his name "Harry" be put on the bottom piece. My vain attempt is obvious, even though I have several hours into designing. Spent more time trying to get the banner recognizable with heights and merge to no avail. The picture is approx. 25" square and 1 1/4 inches thick. I was thinking that a 3" frame would look adequate. If anyone has ideas on design or mounting I would appreciate it. Trying to finish this project before Veterans Day.
    Thanks,
    Gary
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harry.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	84961Gene Horse Pic Frame name plate.mpcGene Horse Pic Frame.mpc
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Gary,

I grouped the rectangles and put the ribbon above. Made the rectangles merge additive Changed the depth/height of the ribbon. Hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ribbon.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Diane,
    Thank-you for the help. Would have worked forever, never thinking to group them before working with the depths and heights.
    Thanks again,
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7