Thread: HELP please, Belt issue?

Default HELP please, Belt issue?

We have had our CW for about 3 months. For some reason our spindle arm does not seem to move freely. Not sure if the belt is tight, or loose? not sure what is going on with it. How do you tell if you over tightened it or not? The wheel inside the belt turner ( I am so sorry, I know I sound like a moron, I just have no clue what proper terms are) was fine, no teeth were missing, there does seem to be some play in it, not sure if that is normal, but it is spinning the clear wheel. Just not sure, everything is lubed and seems aligned. But when on, the spindle sounds rough and isnt moving smoothly. And it is hard to move manually. The machine is powered off. Just not sure what is going on, or what the next step is. Can this be from the belt being too tight or loose?

Ok lets get on the same page, the bit mounts in the Z truck which moves up and down on the Z axis, then travels across the the machine on the Y rails for the Y axis. The belts are the X axis movement. With this info you should be able to point us in a better direction to help you.

The motor is skipping and moving back and forth after checking bit on start up. It looks like it is the sevo plastic piece possibly? It has alot of play and is wobbly. Is there anyway to fix it besides buying a new motor that yall know of?