Thread: Getting a new copy of the software

1. Question Getting a new copy of the software

I bought a used Compucarve/Carvewright machine a few years ago, got the software and had it installed on my old Macbook. However it died a while back and now I need to get a new copy of the software for my iMac so I can start working with my machine again. Can't figure out how to get something other than the trial version. Can anyone help?

There is no difference between the "trial" version and "regular" version other than you have not activated your license to turn the trial version into your regular version. Once you have down loaded and installed Designer you should get a pop up or similar asking you to register. Click on the register. Since you are already a registered user, select that option to activate your license to your new computer.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

Thanks! Got that taken care of, however I have a new issue. I decided that I also wanted to install the software on my shop computer so that I could work on projects there too. However it won’t let me register there, as it says I have no more licenses available. I guess it’s still seeing my old MacBook as being licensed. Is there somewhere on the Carvewright site where I can remove that machine from my licenses?

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJohn View Post
    Is there somewhere on the Carvewright site where I can remove that machine from my licenses?
    No! You have to give them a call.
    Steve

5. Default

Of course! They couldn't make it easy for you........... If you look under the "Help" tab in the program, it says "Manage Licenses", however it's a bit misleading as you would expect to do that very thing. But alas no, it does not.