Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with Depth

Quote Originally Posted by wwill84751 View Post
    Attachment 84842Attachment 84843 I'm just trying to get that depth, On the welcome it just wants to outline when I adjust it, seems to covert it to raster. I want that clean inverted look... I did it before but for life of me I cant figure it out now!
    Just change the bit from 90 degree to 60 you have a private message
    Last edited by henry1; 10-07-2017 at 07:27 AM.
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Two examples revised in version 1.187. One using centerline and one using raster.

Centerline uses a 60 degree bit for effect
    Raster has a 1/4" feather and uses the 1/16" carving bit.

Of course the centerline example will cut much faster.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Centerline.png   Raster.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 10-07-2017 at 01:28 PM.
    Steve

3. Default

Sorry Ive been away for a few days. Thanks for your time, I am looking at the ways you did this. Can I use the 1/32 bit? I am wanting to do a fancy font and Ive noticed if I go smaller sometimes I have chipping. So I am wondering if I go with the smaller bit and change quality to best, if I will not have any chipping?

4. Default

i want to.mpc This is what Ive been trying to do. I havent started carving yet. I just want to make sure I get the best results. Dont want to waste my good lumber and have chipping. I havent decided what wood Im going to use yet. I have maple walnut sycamore oak

I made a few adjustment.

Removed the feathering on the text as some were carving into the edge of the carve region.

Set the depth of the text to match the carve region depth. This lowered the text height and should help with chip out.

Set a medium draft on the text and lowered the height to 75. These will also help with chip out.

Read you comments in the earlier post about the 1/32" bit. Since you are using the free version you can not select the 1/32" bit.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

As far as the wood goes, I really like how clean walnut carves. Maple also carves well. Oak is a coarse grain which I would recommend a very sharp bit, or it can fuzz up a bit. i have never worked with sycamore.

7. Default

first off thanks for taking the time to adjust things and telling me what you done. Im still trying to figure what works and what dont. I know some people dont have or dont try their luck with some of the curvy fonts but thats the orders I seem to get. They want the fancy fonts. so I try and do what I can within reason. Seems to me like Im going to need to upgrade to pro. I just figured since my machine offered it I could do it. So Im going to come to a conclusion to either buy a new carvewright with the pro software or buy another carver and software. Ive also been looking at laser just because I think you can do so much more smaller projects so it would be nice to have both machines. However, I like my carvewright and even dread learning new software too... decisions.

8. Default

Thanks Mugsowner, I heard walnut did good. I bought a long plank to play with. I wasnt thrilled with oak and popular. I just find it harder and longer to clean up especially when I get orders for the fancy fonts. I have the mops and someone recommenced a air pen that Im going to check into. Im looking forward to playing with my sycamore piece!

I have found harder woods with finer grain carve the cleanest. I did some work with Anigre which turned out just shy of perfect no to very little sanding needed.

10. Default

Ive never heard of Anigre at least to my knowledge right now. Ill have to check that out!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast