Thread: Simple Palm Tree...not so simple?

1. Default Simple Palm Tree...not so simple?

Holy smokes. When this file is opened a prompt issues a warning of several potential carving issues. Looks like this would be a simple 2d carve but that may not be the case. Does anyone have a file like this they can share? if not, can this be screenshot and rendered in pattern editor?

many thanks,

Blake
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by PacificBW View Post
    Holy smokes. When this file is opened a prompt issues a warning of several potential carving issues. Looks like this would be a simple 2d carve but that may not be the case. Does anyone have a file like this they can share? if not, can this be screenshot and rendered in pattern editor?

many thanks,

Blake
    Here one for you will this do
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

When you import vector graphics, small un-carveable artifacts may exist. In the dxf importer, these will have their own sub-list in the carve list (before you finish the import). If you click on each one, you can determine how important they are. If they are important to the design, you may need to go back to the graphic and make it larger.

I have v3 and it looks like the outline would carve ok.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  

many thanks,

Blake
    You have some turn about's on your Vector drawing, with the 1/8 inch bit it takes extra space to make the turns. you might get a better carving with a scroll saw.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vector carving 1.PNG   Vector carving 2.PNG   tree pattern V bit 0.06 depth - cw.PNG  
    Last edited by bjbethke; 10-01-2017 at 03:22 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    You have some turn about's on your Vector drawing, with the 1/8 inch bit it takes extra space to make the turns. you might get a better carving with a scroll saw.
    That is correct. I lifted the file from the depths of the Plant Life forum string. Perhaps it is just a formality with the new software version updates that have taken place up to now.

Blake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is correct. I lifted the file from the depths of the Plant Life forum string. Perhaps it is just a formality with the new software version updates that have taken place up to now.

Blake

Guest so much for the ptn file sorry i bothered
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
    Here one for you will this do
    Henry, thank you for taking the time to make this pattern. I am being asked to use a specific shape and style. I did not intend to discount your time and effort. Thank you for offering.

I don't see a real problem with this file. Turning off Hide Cutout eliminates two warning messages. The auto jig warning can be ignored if you use a jig or a longer board and Stay Under Rollers.