Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with Depth

Default Help with Depth

Ok Guys been absent awhile and back to carving again. Or trying. My mind fails me sometimes. Im trying to figure out a good depth to carve into the wood for like a sign in .75 thick board. I tried it 2 times to adjust it but one come out like I was writing with the tip barely scratching the board and then the other was just a little deeper. I hate messing up wood as its not cheap! Thanks for recommendations.

You will need to give us more information so we can help you out. Maybe post your project file.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sample.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	84842sample1.mpc I'm just trying to get that depth, On the welcome it just wants to outline when I adjust it, seems to covert it to raster. I want that clean inverted look... I did it before but for life of me I cant figure it out now!

You have outline picked change to raster change feather to 0 then invert set depth to .125 hope this helps
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John A Start U Member
    B,C Machine, PE, Probe, ComFormimg Vectors, Centerline, 2D, 3D, DFX Import, Rotary, Key Hole, 2 RingNeck Blues DC-Insert,STL
    3.102 / 2.007 and 1.187

Thanks for helping but Im not able to open it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	84845Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error1.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	84846 Im at a loss as to what to do now...However I was able to adjust the settings like you recommended so that should do me. I just gotta figure out whats up with my program. I only need basic as I dont do enough designing to justify spending for designer package yet.

I will do it in 188 for you send in a couple min
    John A Start U Member
    B,C Machine, PE, Probe, ComFormimg Vectors, Centerline, 2D, 3D, DFX Import, Rotary, Key Hole, 2 RingNeck Blues DC-Insert,STL
    3.102 / 2.007 and 1.187

hope this ok.
    John A Start U Member
    3.102 / 2.007 and 1.187

It opened! This is just a sample. Not what I am actually going to carve...lol I just needed to remember how to do the setting... amazing the brain goes dead after not using it for awhile... thanks for your help Racer!

I changed the text to Centerline and the bit to a 60 degree V-bit for maximum effect. This will carve much quicker than a raster cut but you will need the Centerline add-on. A 90 degree bit will make the letters a little more shallow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Welcome.png  
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 10-06-2017 at 06:54 PM.
    Steve

10. Default

I cant open it. My software for some reason says I need update but when I update it, it says its current. I just have basic not pro.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast