Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: software capabilities

Default software capabilities

I just received my machine and not at all familiar with the software. Is there a way to program the machine to cut out indidual pieces for an intarsia pattern? If so, can it handle multiple pieces that are scanned on one 8 1/2" by 11" page?

Just to make you feel better about your current lack of experience with a brand new program, I will ask an incredibly stupid question that will draw the attention off of you... LOL What is an intarsia pattern ???? can you post a picture of it and exactly what you are trying to do with it?

Roger

BTW welcome to the forum. There are a lot of experienced guys that will do a lot to help. Steep learning curve with the Designer program, but it will come to you.

With a modicum of intelligence & obvious knowledge of what intarsia is, I can say that a paper thin scroll saw blade will do it much better than an 1/8" router bit.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

AH-HAH..... there's where my problem lies..... I didn't have my modicum of intelligence handy..... darn, where's my dictionary, these wood workers are killing me with this plethora of verbage LOL

Default Intarsia

I've done lots of intarsia. The carve wright can do it, but you'd still have to finish everything up by hand. Not worth the effort, in my opinion..

gary
    It's not a hammer, it's a microadjuster!

Default modicum

You guys with a modicum crack me up!! Where do I get one?? Is it a dongle I plug into my computer?? Can I put it next to my intarsia without getting interference?? (LOL)

Gary
    It's not a hammer, it's a microadjuster!

Modicum, I thought that was one of those things that you put in your eye to see better, learn something new every day on this Forum. I also found out what that Hawk Scroll Saw that I have in the corner is for - Intarsia! Who would've thunk it.
    Bill

As my Grandpa used to say "Suit yourself and let the rest be pleased!"

Default Terminology Lesson

No.... you guys are just joking around. A modicum is what you use to hook your computiker to the interneticus.

Roger

Default terminology lessons

Remeber Guys and Gals.

Never use a large word when a miniscule one will suffice

Default intarsia

BTW,

Yes the CarveWight will do excellent work for intarsia, just allow of the 1/8th inch bit. I've created several pieces that normally would have taken days in just a few hours.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast