Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Z Truck/Flex Shaft Hitting Machine Cover- Help

Your machine is a bit newer than mine, so things might be different. In post 6, is that a washer behind the top right screw? My screw sits flush to the head.
    In post 8, the gap between the head and the rail seems wider than mine. Can't get my caliper in there, but sticking a normal round tooth pick in the closest space.. it will not go past the taper to the straight portion of the toothpick. .04 on my caliper. The real issue is whether it is tipped away at the top. Whatever the top distance is, make sure the bottom is the same.

Bottom line, call LHR in the AM... the folks there are very knowledgeable!!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DianMayfield View Post
    Your machine is a bit newer than mine, so things might be different. In post 6, is that a washer behind the top right screw? My screw sits flush to the head.
    In post 8, the gap between the head and the rail seems wider than mine. Can't get my caliper in there, but sticking a normal round tooth pick in the closest space.. it will not go past the taper to the straight portion of the toothpick. .04 on my caliper. The real issue is whether it is tipped away at the top. Whatever the top distance is, make sure the bottom is the same.

Bottom line, call LHR in the AM... the folks there are very knowledgeable!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Default

That is a washer there.

4. Default

Im wondering if those spacers between the truck and bearings is adjustable.

Between the bearing and truck are not spacers, and are part of the bearings. The right side being adjustable to tighten bearings to the rails.

Is it hitting through the whole slot or more on one side or the other?

The truck position looks right to me. I think it must be the top cover that is shifted. Have you tried to loosen the screws and move it a little?

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    The truck position looks right to me. I think it must be the top cover that is shifted. Have you tried to loosen the screws and move it a little?
    We have an active trouble shooting session on FB and this was my first suggestion. With out widening the screw holes for the cover there is not play to move forward
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Comparing his flex shaft to mine, his seems to have a longer piece above the connecting end.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flex shaft2.PNG   flex shaft.PNG  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

10. Default

Update on the troubleshoot of my machines z truck alignment. *Just incase some of you have a similar issue aligning the bearings to the rails.

The upper right z truck body bearing/hex bolt seat (seen in the image) had a fraction of a millimeter more material on one corner. This flashing, likely from casting, caused the bearing to seat out of alignment ultimately driving the flex shaft into the plastic head cover which caused a project to terminate.

My fix: dremel w/ abrasive pad. Carefully remove excess material from the bearing seat until proper alignment is achieved. It may take a few passes but it is worth the effort.

All is well with the world again. Please feel free to reach out to me if you are in a bind with this issue. Z Truck and I have become very close friends over the past few days[emoji23]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast