Thread: Buying caution

Default Buying caution

I would recommend getting the machine serial number from the seller of machine and running it through LHR, just to protect yourself a bit. I purchased a machine off Ebay that has come up stolen, I am finding out. If I would have ran the numbers through LHR,I would have known before rather than later. PROTECT YOURSELF GET THE SERIAL NUMBER AND RUN WITH LHR BEFORE PURCHASE, if all is on up and up there should be no problem for the seller to comply.

I do think the seller of the machine I purchased has at least one other machine on EBAY. This one looks to be sitting in South Carolina. My purchase was out of Tennessee.

Great advice. Ebay should refund your purchase.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I am finding there may be an issue there. I am having trouble contacting a human at Ebay The seller wants the machine back, which I do not feel is right. Law enforcement may have to get involved to prevent this from happening. I requested a refund and now seller has agreed to refund after return, Ebay's computer process has determined this is what should happen being you can not contact a human to explain my issue. I am thinking I send it back to seller, seller keeps money and machine and disappears.

I would contact your local police department and your credit card company to report it. Also talk with CarveWright as it is not the first time a stolen machine has turned up a on line sale.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I have had good service on ebay and Amazon using PayPal.
    thanks so much!
    karl

I am in contact with the police, LHR, and Ebay at this point. I to have had good luck with both Ebay and Paypal. Just hoping this all works out the best it can for all concerned. I did find a way to contact a human at Ebay as well.

rcs162 Guest

Default Compucarve at auction

I am going to an estate auction this coming Saturday where they have a used Craftsman Compucarve. It is not possible to see the unit before the auction to verify the serial number, age of unit, etc. I can't afford a new unit, so this may be my only chance to purchase one. I have seen a few posts that state the unit and/or software must be registered to use. Will I be able to do that with a unit purchased at auction? Thanks for your help.