Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z axis stall

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MrRooney View Post
    Update on my machine for Gumbo. I pulled the FFC and brought out my multimeter. All the pathways tested good. But, I see the ribbon from the factory was folded once, unfolded, then refolded at a second point. The FFC replacement directions note this is not good for the cable.

My previous diagnosis led to a dead head termination board, A2060, as the problem. Took the board out and started testing the pathways from the FFC to where they terminate. Yep, one is dead. Using the cheater glasses I can see the solder blob 'looks' different. Not burnt, just a different sheen to the solder blob.

You may want to pull that new head termination board and inspect the backside. Particularly the ones for the FFC connection.

New A2060 board arrived. Prechecked the continuity - all paths good. Installed, turned on machine. Same error. No power to the Z axis motor. The problem has to be further upstream from A2060. Is there a rudiment electric schematic around? I do not like playing part-a-palooza buying items that do not need to be replaced.

I did take the board to a friend who has high end solder repair tools. He will attempt to fix that 'cold joint'.

Any chance your FFC Cable is installed 180 degrees out as in the plastic side is where the contacts should be?
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Any chance your FFC Cable is installed 180 degrees out as in the plastic side is where the contacts should be?
    It would be great if that was the problem. It is not. Pulled the bottom cover this evening and did some testing. No 24V coming from the power supply . Looks like the smoke escaped.
    Maybe the CX powersupply I will be ordering will last longer than the 15hrs TOTAL this machine has registered. I suspect since discovering the cracked posts which I am told came from
    mishandling in shipping, the mishandling also damaged the powersupply. Since the upgrade to Pro 3 is on sale this takes a bit out of the sting for the powersupply.

I am glad I found that dead connector on the A2060 board. I would have been very frustrated replacing the power supply only to find I still had a problem. And I have become much more familiar with the electronics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12