Thread: Y offset calibration

Default Y offset calibration

Spent half a day trying to re calibrate the Y offset based on the on-line instructions from the CW website. Didn't have much luck, did a forum search and found that the on line instructions don't work that well, which I had already figured out. Does anyone have a procedure for this that is idiot proof? After trying most of the afternoon I kinda feel like one and need some direction on this task...

What parts of the calibration steps are you having problems with?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Often when I enter a new number I get a out of calibration range error. When it will accept a number it only takes one so small it doesn't change the location significantly or at all.

Thanks I'll see if I can do the math and give it a try.

LHR needs to read that and change the instructions accordingly.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Hope you've managed to get your machine calibrated OK. Ironically I just started to 'resurrect' a used second machine I purchased a while back. This was with a brand new controller that had never been used on any machine so no previous limits were set.
    My first carve was a two sided one and it was not the best match between the two sides. I then used a board 5 inches wide by 14 inches long. I made a test MPC rectangle 4 inches on the Y and 1/2 inch on the X with a carve region 1/8 inch deep. Ran the MPC and found the side away from the keypad was .06 closer to the edge than the cut was to the edge on the keyboard side. My default and current offset were both .001. Knowing I needed to move the carve toward the keyboard and the current setting was almost zero I input a Toward of .03 so the carve would move the Front and the Back carve each .03 toward the center giving me the .06 I needed overall.
    Reran the test carve on the same board but moved it 1/2 inch horizontally to get fresh wood and that carve was within a couple of thousandths of each other from the edges. Then ran the original 2 sided carve again and there was only a fine line showing as a difference between the two sides which a quick hand sand cleaned up.
    Rick H