Thread: z axis stall 060 303 & unfinished project with cutter plunge, cutting through work

1. Default z axis stall 060 303 & unfinished project with cutter plunge, cutting through work

Hello, I have a problem. I haven't used machine for awhile, and started cutting my annual golf tournament award plaques, I got through 3 plaques and then halfway through the fourth, machine stops, with z axis stall error e060303, I read through forum and found some remedies, format card, recalibrated offsets, did that and was doing okay, and then project didn't finish and the cutter plunged into the work, and started cutting through the work with the x axis moving, ruined. I have to mention this is a A machine, I did the software update to 1.188. I was thinking maybe could it be the software? I was thinking of going back to an earlier version, but not sure if this would be a fix. Anyone with any advise? Thanks. Bob

I would also check the FFC cable for any breaks or cracks or not plugged in properly at the back of the Z truck.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

I checked the ribbon, everything seemed to be fine, I will check again

On the keypad go to 0-8 and curser to test Z and see for the Z truck moves properly. Use a small piece of pine and create a project like a 1" square carved out area and see if that works. If it can't find the correct depth it has to be the FCC cable or the Z motor encoder.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com