Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: y-motor pack

Default y-motor pack

The y-motor pack has been redesigned with a larger spindle bearing on the face side. Does anyone have a size for this bearing and a vendor where we can purchase this item ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

I had heard that they were going to improve the y motor bearing, but, I did not know it had been done. Could you post a picture (front and back)?

Why would you need the bearing? Did it fail even though it is bigger?

It must have a number on it. If not just measure it.

I have number on it berg you posed a design you adapt for the larger bearing working great here
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

No failure I was at my 250 hr maintenance and I normally just go ahead and rebuild both the y and z, When I saw that it was a bigger bearing I just put it back together as I needed the machine running. Thought I would ask and order some bearings before I open it up again.

Henry1
    do you have the number and a vendor?

Well maybe it is not going to fail. I think a bigger bearing must eliminate the need for 250 hour maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
    I have number on it berg you posed a design you adapt for the larger bearing working great here
    The bearing I used was a 625zz but that was my own modification (https://forum.carvewright.com/showth...208#post220208)

I am curious to see what LHR has done. A bigger bearing requires, I think, a thicker casting from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by rmock View Post
    Henry1
    do you have the number and a vendor?
    I ordered them from www.avidrc.com I believe R1212-2RS I could be wrong berg can correct me I made the bearing casing of plex glass to berg specification
    Last edited by henry1; 08-07-2017 at 07:08 PM.
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

not sure about the casting, I didn't take the bearings out, just started tapping the gear out when I noticed the larger on the inside. I guess I will wait for a failure and see how many hours I have. I have a couple extra rebuilt y packs I can replace it with when or if it does.

Quote Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
    I ordered them from www.avidrc.com I believe R1212-2RS I could be wrong berg can correct me I made the bearing casing of plex glass to berg specification
    Was that not the bearing for the dust shoe? In any case, the bearing we used would, most likely, not be the same as LHR would have used.

If anyone has one of these new Y gearboxes apart, some of us would sure like to have a look! (I wonder why LHR would not announce such a modification??)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast