Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Splitting an image

You can also do this in the DXF import window. Tell it that you are using 5.5 in boards, and keep adding boards. It will make you 6 project files.

Let me make up a screen shot. Be right back.

Just save often.
    Steve

When you set the board size, remove the margins.
    Then add the board (#1), then Clone it (#2)
    You can shift the image around within the boards

PS...did not notice it was a carve region not a vector drawing!! Sorry!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DXF1.PNG   DXF2.PNG  

I tried carved one of the fence panels after I split it and had issues with the fact that the carving went all the way to the edge and there wasn't enough side width for the rollers. It would appear that the only way to slice it and put it inside the width restraints is to use DXF Importer which is another $199 add on. I searched all of the tutorials to see if there was anything on splitting a pattern but couldn't find anything. Surely there is a step by step process for splitting that doesn't require buying some more software?

I am trying to picture what the issue is. When you say width, and mention the rollers, I imagine the length of the board.
    Do you have a picture?
    How did you tell the machine to place on board? Did it carve from side to side (the 5.5" dimension) correctly?
    Did you use a sled?

When you are able, I would highly recommend the DXF importer for this type of project. If you can send the file, I can import it and send you the mpc. Send me a PM. I would also need to know which version you are running.

Make the board in Designer 5 inches instead of 5.5. Choose center on board and you will get the 1/4" boarders on each side of the real 5.5" board. The machine will only carve a 5 inch part of the pattern. (Any pattern off of the Designer board is ignored.)

Dan, he is creating a fence and the image crosses 6 boards, so I believe he wants it to go edge to edge.

Use a sled, or temporarily attach 1" wide boards to the sides of your stock for carving.

Quote Originally Posted by DianMayfield View Post
    Dan, he is creating a fence and the image crosses 6 boards, so I believe he wants it to go edge to edge.

Quote Originally Posted by carrothers View Post
    That should start my subsequent carves .25 from the upper edge and hopefully leave me .25 on the lower edge. both of which I would rip off to get alignment.
    He is carving on 5.5 which will be ripped to 5 ?

Dan, I read it as the last board would have 1/4" as he stated adding 5.5 to each calc. But I really could be wrong

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast