Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Splitting an image

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Splitting an image

I am trying to split an 30 inch wide image into six pieces (five inches wide) that I am going to carve onto some 5 and a half inch wide fence pickets. I can get the first one lined up but then when I tried to move the pattern up and set up the second picket I can't get the pattern to move. I thought maybe I had the vertical lock on but that doesn't seem to be the issue. Any help would be appreciated. AT1.mpc

"remove attachment" on the top center .25 measurement (right click on it)

This is what I would do. Using the snap to grid at 5", select all and move up and down to line up on each rectangle on the board. Upload each to the card to carve as you go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Art tree sections.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dan, an excellent solution for any split board projects. Certainly a "duh" moment on my end!

Default Gate Tree Sliced and Diced

Thanks to several of you for helping me with the design, and the slicing...here is a picture of the six boards that will form one of the two gate panels....six pickets at 5inches each with a 3in boarder will give me a 36 inch gate...two of these panels will give me a 72 width to get a mower in and out of the back yard. Joe at CW was the inspiration for this....you can see his demo
    on the CW site under Explore, then click on Build Blogs and then scroll down to his gate project.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gate.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	84654

That came out really nice. My wife has been after me to do something like that for our fence, maybe I will have to surprise her one of these days.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

I know you've put a lot of hard work into your project and it shows. Look forward seeing pictures of the gate when finished.

You also have it centered horizontally. As Dian said, remove the attachment by right clicking on the yellow text. Then, right click on the path or on the object on the screen and select "Center, Horizontal".
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 08-12-2017 at 08:31 PM.
    Steve

I can see the horizontal, to keep it aligned across the pickets

Dian is right. If you want to maintain horizontal alignment of all of the segments then leave the center constraint set.
    Steve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast