Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gearotic

Default Gearotic

Just picked up the software. I've been drooling over it for years but their website was not liked by any of my virus blockers so stayed away from it. They finally moved to a different server so purchased the software. I finally have the tools to make any wood clock I want. Now have to wade through my to do projects to get to it. I originally bought the CW for this purpose but didn't have the knowledge to design and build my own clock.

I bought some of Brian Laws designs (they are all amazing) but in the end I want to build my own design. I'll keep everyone updated in my weekend projects thread whenever I get to it. I might even dust off the laser and see if it works. The CW and a laser engraver are perfectly matched.

Looking forward to your new adventure, Oscar! (I'm sure you will excel at it!)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Good luck Oscar, I sure wish I had your ambition!

I haven't even learned Blender yet and you are off to new stuff. What is the new software?
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Never mind, I found it - and like blender it looks beyond me.
    Clint

Clint, I have no clue when I am going to find time to learn this new software. It is amazing but right now I have no clue how to effectively use it for what I want.

Blender is also coming out with a new major update. This update will no longer be backwards compatible with older blender versions because it is implementing new stuff that just won't work with those older versions. I've downloaded their test build and trying to learn it. It is amazing but more stuff to learn. I also still have my project list that somehow keeps growing.

Here is one of the projects I am working on. I am finally close to finishing this t.v. stand for a friend. It is oak plywood carcass with solid oak trim and doors. I have to complete some traditional stained glass windows to finish out the doors. I have to find my lead came and tools in the next few days. Hopefully completely done this weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4788.jpg  

And you didn't take the easy way like the pro's do with full overlay doors. You did flush doors where you actually have to fit them. Very nice.
    Clint

Clint, I should have gone with overlay doors. I had a good 1/4 gap on the doors. I am using a strip to cover it up as part of the cabinet "design". Its funny how quick the skills go if you don't use them in a few years.

For all my kitchen cabinets (doors and drawers) I used 1/2 overlay but I used flush for my AV cabinet. We built this house and I did all the cabinetry.

Clint, nice. That is a huge amount of work.

Its just been a few years since I built a large piece of furniture and I pretty much forgot all my lessons learned from the last project. So I am relearning the lessons I had already learned and this piece is not the way I would have liked it to be. I see all the imperfections I could have and should have addressed in the construction.

- O

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast