Thread: Military Unit Patch Pattern Assistance

Default Military Unit Patch Pattern Assistance

Hello fellow carvers,

I am hoping someone can help make the attached patch into a pattern. I have tried for hours modifying it to create an acceptable pattern; however, I have had no luck. When I lower the floor in an effort to make a silhouette of the patch, it eliminates parts of the patch and I can't seem to get the words defined clearly. Any assistance is appreciated!
    Thank You!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 397590_457318014303566_1700707665_n.jpg  

To start with, you need higher resolution graphic. Google search for a larger file. Here is a little better one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 131st bomber.png  
    Last edited by bergerud; 08-08-2017 at 08:51 PM.

Thank you so much! I have learned the importance of making sure the graphics are high quality. I was able to import and was ready to carve in a matter of minutes.
    Dev

Devvy, if you want PM your email address and I'll send you my pattern interpretation of the emblem. It's not an exact copy but its close. Modeled in 3d before porting into designer.

- O
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW 131st BW.png  

5. Default

If I was doing that one I would thicken up the font a bit, while spacing the letters apart some, and make the banner contoured but still with a border around it to help it stand out.

Alan, thanks for the critique. I'll play with it this afternoon for my own education. Since I am building a new object in 3d from a 2d image it is my interpretation. I am assigning the different heights of the different parts per my own bias.

P.S. I was running out the door to go to work so didn't finish the thought. I knew something didn't look right but couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks for the useful feedback.

P.P.S. Updated the pattern. I believe it looks better. Still not 100% but better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW 131 emblem wireframe.png   CW 131st shield.png  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 08-10-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevvyM View Post
    Hello fellow carvers,

I am hoping someone can help make the attached patch into a pattern. I have tried for hours modifying it to create an acceptable pattern; however, I have had no luck. When I lower the floor in an effort to make a silhouette of the patch, it eliminates parts of the patch and I can't seem to get the words defined clearly. Any assistance is appreciated!
    Thank You!
    Welcome to the CW Forum; Will this help? If you would like all the files - Send me a "PM" with your e-mail address. ; BJB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 131st bomber_vectorized_DISP-cw.PNG   131st bomber_vectorized_DISP+.png   Emblem_-_131st_Bomb_Wing,_Missouri_Air_National_Guard_vectorized_DISP-CW.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bjbethke; 08-10-2017 at 04:27 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.