Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: y-motor pack

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Was that not the bearing for the dust shoe? In any case, the bearing we used would, most likely, not be the same as LHR would have used.
    your right berg I have the one flange bearing to fit at the back the front one is bigger here a pic the one I made not to good of a pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0592.JPG   100_0593.JPG  
    Last edited by henry1; 08-07-2017 at 07:38 PM.
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

But don't forget the brushes at 250 to 30 hours.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

WOW.... Also would like to hear more about this new gearbox.... Calling LHR.....?
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Tell us what they tell you Al.
    Clint

Clint,
    I sent an email asking if all of the new y packs would have the larger bearing what size it was and if I would be able to order the bearing. The reply was yes all new y packs would have the larger bearing. They do not offer the bearing for sale and I did not get any information on the size. I don't think they offer the gear alone for sale anymore either. I would hope that the parts would be offered for sale in the future as a rebuild kit for the y and z packs. I do rebuild all of mine myself as it is much more cost effective. We run 3 machine with a fourth as reserve (you never know). It may sound like overkill but for the last 3 years I have been rebuilding both y & z at the 250 hr maintenance.and my scrap due to machine error and down time has been has been greatly reduced. I also do a check on brushes and good check on the ffc cable. I have found that most of my cable failures happen at the end going into the back of the z assembly. I have started wrapping a small piece of duct tape to the cable end that is inserted into the dust shroud or guard. This has practically eliminated any cable problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    WOW.... Also would like to hear more about this new gearbox.... Calling LHR.....?
    "Calling LHR" as in like "Calling Batman".... Asking LHR to chime in and explain the details for us. IS our LHR Rep still with US?

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

rmock, thanks for the info. The size si probably the one Al and other were using when they were trying to carve the gear housing for the Y using a larger inside bearing. I have never had to rebuild either Z gear box (2 machines with something around 1000 and 1500 hours) but have replaced a Z pack because of a bad encoder. There isn't the stress on the Z that there is on the Y.
    Clint

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12