Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Board sensor issues!!

Default Board sensor issues!!

Loaded a 4" wide by 11" long board on a 36" sled. Each time the machine measures the board it comes off the end of the roller and gives me an error. How do I get around this issue with a sled??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

Do a board sensor reading check to see what the values are. Load up a board and place a white sheet of paper on the board under the sensor. On the key pad press 0 and arrow down to the sensor check and arrow down to the board sensor. Value should be around 150.

How is the board loaded in the sled?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Picture please. Is this that carrier again?

Sensor reading is 151.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	84525

The senor is not seeing any board as soon as the rails let the roller drop down. The sensor is not turned on until the compression roller drops down and then it is looking for the end of the board with in 3 1/2" of the dropped roller. Since you do not have a board at that point you get the sensor error.

You will need to add small blocks at each end of your jig for the sensor to pick up.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Recall what I said in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    (If the board is shorter than the carrier, the sensor will miss the end of the board and then find nothing after the roller drops off of the end of the carrier.)
    There is no board to measure when the roller rolls off of the end of the carrier. Did you try what I suggested in the other thread?

I did not add 3.5" spacer boards but instead I used masking tape. I realized the tape was too narrow and switches to 3/4" tape. That worked. Only issue now is the machine is saying the board is only 6.3" x 4". The actual cut board is 4.5"W x 12.5"L. Why am I getting a different measurement than actual?

Quote Originally Posted by trainerjay View Post
    I did not add 3.5" spacer boards but instead I used masking tape. I realized the tape was too narrow and switches to 3/4" tape. That worked. Only issue now is the machine is saying the board is only 6.3" x 4". The actual cut board is 4.5"W x 12.5"L. Why am I getting a different measurement than actual?
    Does it give you 2 sets of numbers when that reading comes up? Does is also give you an option of how to place the carving on the "measured" board size?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

The snap shot of the actual display would help maybe.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

No option on how to place carving. Keep original, scale, load new board.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	84526

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast