Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Board sensor issues!!

Tried another small cut tonight. I cut 4 hexagon shapes again and I'm getting the same poor quality. They are not even/square looking. I'm using the small 1/16" bit on .5" balsa wood for practice. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by trainerjay View Post
    Tried another small cut tonight. I cut 4 hexagon shapes again and I'm getting the same poor quality. They are not even/square looking. I'm using the small 1/16" bit on .5" balsa wood for practice. Any ideas?

Ignore this comment. I figured out the issue.

Ignore this comment. I figured out the issue.
    What was it?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    What was it?
    It was a design issue. Everything looked good in the software but cutout looked horrible. The machine cut like it was suppose to. Just a learning curve from the software to the actual machine. I resized the shapes and they came out much better.

New error issue. I keep getting a tracking issue. The rubber O-ring looks fine and I'm getting this with both the carrier and a stand alone board. When it does measure it's only measuring half the actual board length. This is the most sensitive machine I've ever owned

I appreciate your input Al but this is a brand new machine with maybe 30min of cut time on it. If the bearings are worn out in that time than LHR needs to replace them, not me. That would be absolutely ridiculous if thats the case.
    That changes things.... I was going on joining in 2015 and thinking you could have worn out the bearings....

Good Luck with this new problem.

You could try the masking tape on the under side of the board trick for the tracking problem on the brass roller edge.

Are your in and out feed tables set to the correct height? Board could be lifting when hitting a high table roller?

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

3 attempts to carve and 3 error codes and 1 no motor start. No carrier board at all! I put in a solid clean board measuring 13" X 24" X 1/2". This is the biggest piece of junk I ever owned!! It's going back to LHR first thing Monday!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	84546Click image for larger version. 

Views:	16 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	84545 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	14 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	84547

Next the machine is attempting to carve. It's moving around the path but the motor isn't running! Had enough of this thing!!

Since the motor wasnt turning on and the machine tried carving it pressed the bit against the wood and snapped the bit!! Awesome product.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	3.34 MB 
ID:	84548

3 attempts to carve and 3 error codes and 1 no motor start. No carrier board at all! I put in a solid clean board measuring 13" X 24" X 1/2". This is the biggest piece of junk I ever owned!! It's going back to LHR first thing Monday!

Views:	18 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	84546Click image for larger version. 

Views:	16 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	84545 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	14 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	84547

Next the machine is attempting to carve. It's moving around the path but the motor isn't running! Had enough of this thing!!
    First one might be do the board not being actually 1/2" thick. Less than 1/2 the compression rollers will not activate the roller switches to tell the machine a board is loaded.

Cut motor not starting. The right cover switch (opposite the key pad) is not being made. Wires not connected at the cut motor, clear cover out of alignment are the most common causes. When you are doing install bit routine and press enter to tell the machine the bit is installed the cut motor fires up for a few seconds and turns the chuck/bit. If it does not do that you should pause the machine until you can get the problem corrected or it will break the bit as you just found out. Same thing for when it says it is starting to carve and the motor does not fire up.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    First one might be do the board not being actually 1/2" thick. Less than 1/2 the compression rollers will not activate the roller switches to tell the machine a board is loaded.

Cut motor not starting. The right cover switch (opposite the key pad) is not being made. Wires not connected at the cut motor, clear cover out of alignment are the most common causes. When you are doing install bit routine and press enter to tell the machine the bit is installed the cut motor fires up for a few seconds and turns the chuck/bit. If it does not do that you should pause the machine until you can get the problem corrected or it will break the bit as you just found out. Same thing for when it says it is starting to carve and the motor does not fire up.

I appreciate the the help but this is far too many issues for a brand new machine. At this point I already put it back in the box and sealed it up. Back to LHR on Monday

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast